Beet Risotto with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
Cozy herbs. Creamy chevre. Toasty nuts. Layers of texture. This beet risotto comes together in just 30 minutes - and in one pot!
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup Arborio rice
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minces
2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/2 cup white wine
3 cups beets, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp sea salt
14 oz. vegetable broth
2-3 cups beet greens, thinly sliced (or use chard or other hardy green)
4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, roasted
1. First, toast your walnuts in the dutch oven until browning and fragrant. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in the same pot. Add onion and cook 3 minutes. Add arborio rice, ginger and rosemary; cook 1 minute. Add the wine; cook and stir until the liquid is almost absorbed, about 3 minutes.
3. Add beets, water, salt and broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add greens and cook another 3-4 minutes.
5. Top with chèvre and nuts. Serves 4-6.